Are you tired of getting material gifts that end up in a storage box? Set up your custom fundraising platform and create six ways of happiness.
We are living in a material world
Christmas, anniversaries, weddings and birthdays are those occasions when we have a chance to show appreciation to our families, friends and loved ones. We commonly do this by giving gifts. But think how many times have you been given a gift that ended up in a storage box collecting dust in the attic? Is it really necessary to get/give/exchange material presents, especially nowadays when our planet is suffering from overexploitation and overconsumption?
Get a gift and create six ways of happiness
Why not give an alternative present this time? Instead of buying new stuff, you can arrange for a gift that brings genuine happiness and makes a lasting difference to the natural world. Green-Books.org, a non-profit organization provides environmental education to 85 million Indonesian children and offers a way in which you can make your special day truly extraordinary. They provide a fundraising platform where you can ask friends to make a donation rather than give you another material gift.
This will benefit:
- Your loved ones (the donors), as they can give you a worthy gift, without wasting their time thinking of a present and shopping for it. This gift is just a couple of clicks away.
- Yourself (the receiver), as instead of accumulating useless material possessions you are able to make a lasting difference to the natural world – the greatest gift we all share. You will make your contribution to nature which gives us all clean water, air, food and a sense of peace and well being.
- Millions of Indonesian kids, as Green-Books.org is developing an eco-education curriculum for kids. Thanks to this initiative, the kids can play fun eco-activities based on experiential learning and have access to environmental books instead of idling away their time.
- The local communities, as the money will be used to provide eco-educational centers with motivational rewards, such as Nazava XL water filters, reusable bottles, Tasini keychain bags made from recycled PET, organic seeds, tiger worms composting systems, binoculars for birdwatching and colorful environmental books.
- The local coordinators, as they will be able to receive further education and become community trendsetters promoting sustainable practices in their local community. Educating the educators is the best way to have a long-term impact on nature conservation.
- The natural environment, because it will be treated with more respect. In fact, while you are reading this, only in Indonesia 3 football pitches of primary rainforest have been cut down and 9 tons of plastic waste have been dumped in the ocean. The communities which receive education about the value of nature, become more self-reliant and start to actively protect their local natural environment.
This grassroots initiative has spread to over 100 communities in the last 5 years, but there are thousands of other communities with hardly any access to books, clean water, and environmental education. Now you can play a leading role in replicating the remarkable success they have had so far. It takes only a couple of minutes to set up your custom fundraising platform and share the link with your loved ones, family members and friends.
The happiest couple that asked for a green wedding gift
Below you can find an example of such a fundraising platform set up by a happy couple who used their wedding day to encourage their friends to give them a different gift to celebrate their good fortune:
Dear friends, thank you for coming here (to this website), really appreciate it! It is a tradition to give the newly-weds some gifts to help them to start their new life together. Well, we are no longer 18 and we are doing fine and as we have each other, we do not really need anything else.
However, since you are already in the giving mood, let us hijack this generous spirit a bit and divert your contributions to where it can make a difference – an amazing project of our friend Petr Hindrich – Green-Books.org. The aim of this initiative is the preservation of the amazing nature of Indonesia which is being destroyed at an alarming rate by both, greedy corporations and short-sighted and ignorant behavior of the people in Indonesia. To tackle the corporations is a task too big for a single project to resolve it, however, the behavior of the people does not come from bad intent, but rather lack of understanding of the impact of their actions on the environment, and that is something that can be changed indeed.
Again, this is not easy, however through education of kids about nature and the environment, it is possible to grow a new generation that will be mindful of their surroundings and behave respectfully and friendly to Indonesian nature and through their changed behavior there is a chance that even future generations can experience the amazing diversity and richness of the Indonesia eco-system both on land and sea. Feel free to contribute as much as you want and accept our gratitude for helping a great cause.
Thank you so much!
The happiest couple,
Majra & Ika
Knowledge and understanding is at the heart of saving our natural world. Together we can achieve universal environmental education in Indonesia. It can be as simple as purchasing a book, sponsoring an Eco-Education Center or making a donation by setting up your custom fundraising platform.